Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a nice general purpose grain ABM recipe. My daughter loves it. I usually don't put in the nuts. From the Black and Decker book that came with the bread maker.
- 1 1⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon molasses (fancy)
- 1 tablespoon honey (liquid)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups white flour (all purpose-Canada, bread flour-US)
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Measure first 10 ingredients into the order listed inot baking pan.
- Insert baking pan securely into unit; close lid.
- Select GRAIN setting and 2.0 lb loaf.
- Push START button.
- At "Add Ingredients" beep, add nuts (if desired).
- The complete cycle will sound when dough is done.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- OR Follow the instuctions for your bread maker.