1 hr 40 mins
This is a nicely textured grainy, healthy bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the oats, honey, butter and salt.
- 2Add the 2 cups boiling water, and stir well.
- 3Let mixture set until cooled, then add 2 cups of the flour. Stir well.
- 4Dissolve the yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water, and let set for 10 minutes.
- 5Add yeast to the oat mixture, mixing until combined.
- 6Stir in the 1 cup nuts.
- 7Work in the remaining 2 cups flour. Knead for 8-10 minutes.
- 8Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place dough into two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" greased loaf pans.
- 10Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1784.4
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 286.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 46.1 g