Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This is a nicely textured grainy, healthy bread.
Make and share this Oatmeal Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, honey, butter and salt.
- Add the 2 cups boiling water, and stir well.
- Let mixture set until cooled, then add 2 cups of the flour. Stir well.
- Dissolve the yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water, and let set for 10 minutes.
- Add yeast to the oat mixture, mixing until combined.
- Stir in the 1 cup nuts.
- Work in the remaining 2 cups flour. Knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves. Place dough into two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.