Recipe by Darlene Summers
I got this recipe from my neighbor Lois when my girls were very small. They are 31 and 37 now and we still make this every Christmas, every bake sale and every time we want a fudgy tasting sweet. It is the most popular sweet I make.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the milk, sugar, cocoa and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add oats and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into a 9x12-inch buttered cake pan.
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in a tightly covered container or zip lock bag.