Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another muffin that I made for my mom for mother's day. Came up with this using what I had in the kitchen. Turned out pretty yummy! Recipe makes 6 medium sized muffins. Cooking time does not include soaking the figs.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dried fig, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, slightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Add chopped figs into 2 tbsps of milk and soak for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a big bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together milk, brown sugar, applesauce, and egg white.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Add in walnuts and soaked figs (along with the milk that it was soaked in), fold to combine.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.