- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 12 paper liners in cupcake pan.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the oats and milk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, light brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Add in the oats and milk and stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix just until combined (don't overmix!).
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake pan (the batter will come close to the top) and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Don't overbake!