Recipe by wildheart
These muffins are great for adults, and kids like them too. They are tasty, and healthy!
Top Review by Anu
Very nice, although the nutmeg flavour is rather strong! I omitted the egg, as I usually do with muffin recipes, and scaled down to make 6. This recipe made very small muffins, and they didn't rise up very much, probably because I didn't use the egg. Next time I'll make this with 1 teaspoon (for 6) baking powder, and cinnamon.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the egg, water, and oil in a measuring cup.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Stir just until everything is moistened.
- Leave small lumps!
- Grease muffin tins, or use paper muffin liners.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 for 15 mintues.