Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These muffins go away fast whenever we make them. Everybody who has tried them loves them! Recently, we made them, but were low on chocolate chips. We used butterscotch chips instead, and they turned out great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup raisins (we prefer mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line mini muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease.
- Blend first five ingredients.
- Add milk, brown sugar, oil, and egg white, then mix in raisins.
- Mix until dray ingredients are moist; fill muffin cups.
- Bake about 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Regular-sized muffins take 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
there is not enough wet ingredients in this recipe. I used a whole egg and added more milk til it looked and felt right. i also added frozen raspberries and pecans and a bit of a sugar topping and they turned out quite good. baked them in a regular muffin pan-had to adjust bake time. they rose nicely! and looked "bakery bought" i would rank it higher if the recipe was right.