1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Molasses Drop Cookies
I *love* these cookies! They are chewy, chunky, spicy, and delicious! The recipe originally came from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book and were listed as "The Best Cooky of 1900-1910". For a change, try substituting cut-up dates or other dried fruits for the raisins. NOTE: If you replace the shortening with butter as many reviewers have done, you will probably get a crispier vs. chewy cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Beat shortening, sugar, eggs, and molasses thoroughly.
- 3Stir dry ingredients (flour-cinnamon) together and blend into wet ingredients.
- 4Stir in oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- 5Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Note: When I used a 1 1/2-inch wide cookie scoop, I got 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Molasses Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 633.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 77.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g