Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
90 yr. old grandpa is coming for a visit. Since cookies are a part of his daily diet, I'm going to attempt to make him healthier versions. I looked through a dozen recipes on this site for molasses cookies and then came up with my own that fit what ingredients I had while still maintaining a healthier approach to cookies.
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 28.39 ml brewed tea
- 78.07 ml blackstrap molasses
- 28.39 ml margarine
- 28.39 ml applesauce
- 14.79 ml maple syrup
- 14.79 ml smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml allspice
- 59.16 ml chocolate protein powder
- 177.44 ml oatmeal
- 59.14 ml flour
- Dissolve baking powder and baking soda in brewed tea, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together molasses, margarine, applesauce, maple syrup, peanut butter, egg white, and tea mixture until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir until all blended.
- Drop teaspoons full onto greased cookie sheet and press down slightly with greased fork.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.