Recipe by analog kid
90 yr. old grandpa is coming for a visit. Since cookies are a part of his daily diet, I'm going to attempt to make him healthier versions. I looked through a dozen recipes on this site for molasses cookies and then came up with my own that fit what ingredients I had while still maintaining a healthier approach to cookies.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup brewed tea
- 1⁄3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve baking powder and baking soda in brewed tea, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together molasses, margarine, applesauce, maple syrup, peanut butter, egg white, and tea mixture until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir until all blended.
- Drop teaspoons full onto greased cookie sheet and press down slightly with greased fork.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.