1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Molasses Bread II
3 hrs 33 mins
2 hrs 53 mins
Jennifer Michele's Note:
Wonderful, aromatic bread. Ideal for serving with "plainer" main meals, or for use in bread pudding or french toast. Just let it dry a bit before using it in your recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, pour boiling water over butter and oatmeal.
- 2Let stand 30 minutes In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water and let stand until the yeast dissolves and gets foamy.
- 3In either the large bowl (if doing by hand) or in a mixer bowl, combine the oatmeal, yeast, molasses, and salt.
- 4Mix, adding 1 cup of flour at a time until JUST kneadable.
- 5This dough is sticky, do not add too much flour!
- 6Turn onto a floured surface (or add dough hook to machine) and knead about 8 minutes, using as little flour as you can and still knead it.
- 7Form dough into a ball, and place in an oiled bowl.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap or a cloth and let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Punch the dough down and cut into half.
- 10Shape into loaves, or circles or any other shape you desire.
- 11Cover again and let rise for 40 minutes.
- 12Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes .
- 13VERY IMPORTANT: When baking in anytype of pan, grease them well.
- 14This bread will stick in a BIG way if the pans are ungreased.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Molasses Bread II
Serving Size: 1 (1448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1517.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 2452.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g