This is the closest I can get to the bread that is served at Black Angus Restaurants.
Make and share this Oatmeal Molasses Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve the yeast in one cup of lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining water with the molasses, shortening and salt.
- Add the remaining sugar and the yeast mixture, mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mix.
- Place dough on a light floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 12 minutes.
- Place dough in a grease bowl, turn dough over to grease the other side.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide into three portions and shape into balls.
- Place three balls side by side in a baking pan.
- Brush top lightly with melted margarine and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the golden brown (use the lowest rack in the oven).
- Remove bread from the pan and brush the top with additional melted margarine sprinkle with quick oats, place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Place on wire racks to cool.