1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Molasses Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
this is really moist..freezes well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients -- set aside to cool --
- 2in large mixng bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, sprinkle with sugar, let stand 3 minutes.
- 3add oat mixture, brown sugar, molasses and 3 cups of flour.mix well.
- 4add enough remaining flour to form soft dough --
- 5turn onto lightly floured surface and knead for 6-8 minutes.or until smooth and elastic.
- 6place in a greased bowl,, turning to grease top.cover and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- 7punch dough down.divide in half and shape into loaves.
- 8place in 2 greased 9x5" loaf pans.
- 9cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 10bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes or golden brown.
- 11cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes.
- 12remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
- 13brush with additional melted butter after 10 minutes of cooling -- .
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Molasses Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1824.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 2422.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 343.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 49.6 g