1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Master Recipe With Variations
Choose old fashioned oats, not instant for the most fiber and nutrients. Adapted from Rachael Ray's Yum-O Family cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the oatmeal, milk, and 4 cups water in a large, deep saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. When it boils, quickly turn the heat down to very low.
- 2Stir in brown sugar, dried fruits, and salt and cook at a low simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until very thick and creamy. Stir often to prevent bottom of pan from burning.
- 3Serve with additional milk, or cool and chill to reheat later in the week.
- 5Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal:.
- 6Swap 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped for the dried fruit Add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for serving.
- 7Banana Nut Oatmeal:.
- 8Swap 1/2 cup pure maple syrup for the brown sugar and 2 bananas, chopped, for the dried fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Master Recipe With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g