Angelica Felts's Note:
These are really buttery cookies that require very little flour. They are extremely easy to make, and smell and look delicious. I came up with the recipe one night when I was almost out of flour. This recipe came to me one night as I was experimenting with flour (Or lack thereof) so there is very little involved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to about 375 degrees, Farenheit.
- 2First, mix the flour and oatmeal in a medium-sized bowl.
- 3Then, mix the butter and brown sugar in a smaller bowl.
- 4You should do this by hand so that the butter softens.
- 5After they have formed a nice, sweet, delectable slime, beat the egg in a measuring cup and add to the smaller bowl.
- 6Mix these well.
- 7After you have done this, add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ones.
- 8Again, mix these well.
- 9If it is too sticky (and it will be rather sticky no matter what-- this is a good thing), add a little more oatmeal.
- 10But not flour.
- 11We're done with the flour so using any more would ruin the integrity of the recipe.
- 12I promise.
- 13After it is about the right consistency, add a couple of drops of your maple extract.
- 14When this is complete, use a couple of forks to form a ball in the bowl.
- 15Then, on a lightly greased cookie sheet, use the forks to form little balls about an inch in diameter.
- 16It might take a few cookie sheets, but I usually get about eighteen or twenty cookies.
- 17You should leave each batch in for about 7-9 minutes, then let them cool on a counter or something of the like.
- 18they will still look like they aren't done yet, but this is only because of the large amount of butter glistening in the dough.
- 19After the cookies have cooled a few minutes, use a spatula to gently pry them from the pan.
- 20Eat while warm, they are nice and buttery.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Maple Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g