Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious little post-WWII recipe. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Add salt to egg white and beat to stiff peaks; add sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- Fold in oats, coconut and vanilla, mixing well.
- Drop from the tip of a teaspoon onto prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes.