Recipe by smelly0610
This is a World War I recipe used to conserve wheat. Altered from sparkpeople.com
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance light butter spread, melted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolk and white separately.
- Cream sugar with melted shortening.
- Add egg yolk, syrup, salt and oats.
- Then add baking powder, egg white, and vanilla.
- MIx thoroughly, drop on greased pan (about half teaspoon each).
- Allow space for spreading.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in 350F oven (moderate oven).
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pan.