Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe that originally came from a Quaker Oats Cookbook. The original recipe makes a small batch we always triple it. This is a recipe that my family has made every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is great for Kids to help with by shaping and decorating the finished cookies.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup oleo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (dissolve in Almond Ext.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Dissolve the coffee in the Almond extract,then add to ingredients.
- Hands work the best for mixing.(kids can do it).
- Shape into logs or balls, or whatever shape.
- roll in Confectioner sugar, or any colored sugars, or sprinkles.
To be honest, these were not my favorite. They had a strange taste when I finished making them. I am going to try again, and instead of the coffee/almond mix- I am going to try vanilla & cinnamon. Thanks for sharing.