1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Lace Cookies
1 hr 28 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These cookies are are more like sweet "crisps". They are thin and crispy, and have a noticable buttery flavor. Wonderful served with a fruit or cream type dessert. My favorite is ice cream. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Beat sugar and butter until well blended.
- 3Beat in flour, vanilla and salt.
- 4Stir in oats.
- 5Form into a ball. (See photo).
- 6Cover and refrigerate cookie dough 1 hour.
- 7Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 8Roll dough by tbsp full between palms into one inch balls. (I cut the dough ball into 24 equal portions, and then roll each portion into a ball.).
- 9Place dough balls on baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart (cookies will spread during baking).
- 10Using bottom of drinking glass as aid, flatten cookies to 1 1/2-inch rounds. (See photo).
- 11Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 12 - 13 minutes, turning the cookie sheet once mid-way through baking.
- 12Let cookies rest on sheets 1 minute.
- 13Using spatula, transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g