Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Simple & Delicious, Nov/Dec 2006
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 532.32 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- 72 milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to wire racks.
These are awesome! I added boiled 1 cup of raisins for 3 minutes, cooled them, and added them to the recipe. I did not use nuts because of allergies. I also added 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla. This is a keeper!
delicious! I didn't find them dry at all- chewy and chocolatey! I know my oven runs hot, and I found that only 7-8 minutes to bake was perfect.
These were pretty good. I just didn't like that the cookie was dry, somewhat crumbly, and kind of flavorless.