Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Simple & Delicious, Nov/Dec 2006
Make and share this Oatmeal Kiss Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 72 milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to wire racks.
These are awesome! I added boiled 1 cup of raisins for 3 minutes, cooled them, and added them to the recipe. I did not use nuts because of allergies. I also added 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla. This is a keeper!
delicious! I didn't find them dry at all- chewy and chocolatey! I know my oven runs hot, and I found that only 7-8 minutes to bake was perfect.
These were pretty good. I just didn't like that the cookie was dry, somewhat crumbly, and kind of flavorless.