Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's Girl Scout cookie time! My Junior Girl Scouts 'developed' 2 cookie recipe ideas. This is one of them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or coarse)
- 60 Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Set racks in upper & lower thirds of the oven & preheat to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt & oatmeal; stir well to mix.
- In another large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar, & brown sugar until well mixed. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating smooth after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Lower the mixer speed and beat in the flour & oatmeal mixture.
- Shape dough into small balls & roll in the additional granulated or coarse sugar. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Place 1 Hershey's Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies 15 - 20 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Slide the parchment off the cookie sheets. When cool, remove the cookies to an airtight container.
Great chewy oatmeal cookie with a kiss of chocolate! Thanks for a great cookie recipe to be included in my cookie trays!