Recipe by Munchkin Mama
These are giant cookies! Despite their size, they are still fairly sturdy, but yet nice and chewy. From Midwest Living. Enjoy!
Top Review by Michele in NJ
When I made these I left out the 1/2 cup of sugar and used chocolate chips instead of the M&Ms. I also chilled the dough and rolled them into 1" balls, reducing the bake time to 8 minutes. Fantastic cookies!! By far the best oatmeal cookie that I've ever eaten!! Thanks for my new favorite cookie recipe.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy (candy-coated milk chocolate pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars, baking powder, and soda; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, then nuts, then candy pieces.
- Drop dough by 1/4-cup measure 4" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets without sides (I can only fit 5 on each cookie sheet). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.