Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These are giant cookies! Despite their size, they are still fairly sturdy, but yet nice and chewy. From Midwest Living. Enjoy!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy (candy-coated milk chocolate pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars, baking powder, and soda; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, then nuts, then candy pieces.
- Drop dough by 1/4-cup measure 4" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets without sides (I can only fit 5 on each cookie sheet). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
When I made these I left out the 1/2 cup of sugar and used chocolate chips instead of the M&Ms. I also chilled the dough and rolled them into 1" balls, reducing the bake time to 8 minutes. Fantastic cookies!! By far the best oatmeal cookie that I've ever eaten!! Thanks for my new favorite cookie recipe.