Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
quick and easy to throw together, taste wonderful, especially when warm, travels well. my mom has made these bars to death....but they are well worth it.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) jar preserves (apricot is tasty)
- combine all ingredients, except preserves.
- reserve 1 cup mixture.
- press remaining mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- spread with preserves to 1/2 inch of pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining mixture.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes , until golden.
It is a crowd pleaser!! But I thought it was a bit too sweet. Next time I think I will reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup. Good recipe!
These are great! Highly recommended to anyone. I halved the recipe this time and it halved very well in a 9x9 (my 13x9 has disappeared on me) I used strawberry preserves on one side and apricot on the other (great recipe to have everyone add what they want to their "section" of the pan) Both are great! Next time I may try spreading a thin layer of peanut butter down before the preserves :) Thanks for a great, easy and cheap treat! And yes these do hold together well for transport. Will make again for sure.
Good, easy, inexpensive and quick to make. I might cut down on the sugar next time, it seemed a bit sweet. A classic!