Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Do you remember ice boxes? I do, when I was little my grandmother had one. I guess they would call them refrigerator cookies now, but whatever you call them, these are good. They have great flavor and go nice with a cup of tea.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- Mix both sugars and shortening together well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add the oatmeal and mix well.
- Roll into rolls about 2 1/2" thick.
- Wrap these in wax paper or platic wrap and then into the refrigerator with them--I put them in the freezer for a short time till they are very cold.
- Take out and slice thin and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Makes a lot.