Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An excellent cookie recipe. Add your own variations: chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, dried crannberries, whatever you like.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F Mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Add any additional ingredients Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
melt in mouth recipe and easy to make, warning they don't last long : ) !
I made these for the first time and substituted the water with 2 tablesoons of milk and the flour with whole wheat flour and added raisens & cranberries. The consistency was perfect-crisp on the outside and remained soft/chewy within. I would probably lower the oven temp to 325 next time.
I've made these a few time since the original review and wanted to change the rating. They are a very tasty cookie and I think pretty unique!