Recipe by vidanco32
Bake this savoury cookies on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. I use an ice cream scoop (1/4 cup volume) so that they all come even. You will get 14 cookies. Make sure to flatten each one before baking. They are just yummy. They have no flour and no dairy. You can make the same type of cookies, but instead of adding savoury spices, I add apple sauce (unsweetened), cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and splenda to taste. I also switch the carrot for shredded apples. You can also add chopped almonds, nuts or hazelnuts if you like. They are very healthy, high in fibre and low in fat.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
VERY good savory cookie!! Made it with shredded zucchini instead of carrots, instant buckwheat flakes and millet flour instead of oat flour because I cannot have oats. But I don't think that affects the result too much, only the colour is a bit darker than it probably would be with oats. As I'm a huge fan of savory cookies, I'll definitely make them again! Thanks for posting :) Made for POOL PARTY TAG GAME.
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- 2 cups oat flour (I grind up 3 minute oatmeal and it is just as good)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a 2 cup measuring glass container.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until even consistency is reached.
- Add the grated carrots and incorporate into the mixture.
- Use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop and place each cookie onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- You will get 14 cookies. Make sure to flatten each cookie with a fork lightly so that they will all be the same thickness and they will cook evenly.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes in a preheated 375 F oven. Lower the temperature of the oven to 350 F and bake an additional 20 minutes -- or until cooked though.
- Place baked cookies on a wire rack and let them cool for 10 minutes.