Chef #315351's Note:
Bake this savoury cookies on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. I use an ice cream scoop (1/4 cup volume) so that they all come even. You will get 14 cookies. Make sure to flatten each one before baking. They are just yummy. They have no flour and no dairy. You can make the same type of cookies, but instead of adding savoury spices, I add apple sauce (unsweetened), cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and splenda to taste. I also switch the carrot for shredded apples. You can also add chopped almonds, nuts or hazelnuts if you like. They are very healthy, high in fibre and low in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- 2 cups oat flour (I grind up 3 minute oatmeal and it is just as good)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Mix all wet ingredients in a 2 cup measuring glass container.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until even consistency is reached.
- 5Add the grated carrots and incorporate into the mixture.
- 6Use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop and place each cookie onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- 7You will get 14 cookies. Make sure to flatten each cookie with a fork lightly so that they will all be the same thickness and they will cook evenly.
- 8Bake cookies for 20 minutes in a preheated 375 F oven. Lower the temperature of the oven to 350 F and bake an additional 20 minutes -- or until cooked though.
- 9Place baked cookies on a wire rack and let them cool for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Healthy Cookies (Savoury)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 260.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: