Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
The title is the best way to describe these healthy treats. It is technically a cookie, but does not bake like one. They taste like a nutrition bar, but in a ball form. They're packed with healthy fats and grains and are perfect little snacks for adults and kids. My daughter favors these cookies over regular ones.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (regular cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup 100% whole wheat flour (or spelt)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Mix wet ingredients. Mix dry ingredients. Combine until well incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough into balls. Arrange on cookie sheet (no need to spread out, cookie does not spread during cooking). Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
Great Recipe! They seemed extreemly dry so I added 1/4 cup of apple sauce, some flaxseed and golden rasins. Delicious! The perfect snack to throw in your purse to keep you going through a busy day!
These are AWESOME!!!!! My 2 1/2 year old son cannot have dairy, wheat, or eggs and I make hime homemade almond milk so this is a great way to use up the ground up almonds left over from that. He ate 6 cookies in about 5 minutes. He loves them. Thank you so very much for posting such a great recipe!!