1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Gingerbread (Scottish)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a seven inch square baking pan with greaseproof paper which has been well buttered.
- 3Melt the 2 ounces butter, sugar and treacle in a saucepan over a low heat.
- 4Sift the flour and baking soda into a bowl.
- 5Add the oatmeal and spices.
- 6Add the melted butter and treacle mixture, beaten egg and the milk to the bowl, stirring well until completely blended.
- 7Pour into the baking pan and bake about 45 minutes.
- 8Allow the cake to cool for ten minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- 9Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Gingerbread (Scottish)
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: