Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these cookies on a whim to use up some produce that was nearing the end of its usable life. They are a spicy dark and flavorful cookie. We were all suprised when they turned out to be our favorite cookies recipe yet!! You can use whatever garden plenty that you have around: Pumpkin, squash, zucchini...
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium yellow squash, grated
- 2 small apples, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup molasses or 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Grate vegetables and dice apples.
- Cream butter, molasses, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add dry ingrediants, adding oatmeal last.
- Then stir vegetables, apples, and raisins by hand.
- Bake as 'drop cookies' at 375 for 11-13 minutes (They may need longer depending on your oven).
- The cookies should have a nice soft interior and a slight crunch to the outside.
These were a big hit with my friends & family. They couldn't believe everything that was in them. And you don't feel guilty eating them. I will keep this one handy to help use up this summers bounty from the garden. Thank you very, very much for this delicious recipe.
Delicious! I've made these 4-5 times and while every time they come out different (sometimes bread-like, sometimes cookie-like). This is because I always just throw in however much of the produce that I want. I've never used raisins, or ground cloves for that matter, but they still taste great.
What a fantastic cookie ! very mosit and chocked full of flavor. Out of the ordinary and a keeper ! This was one of my PAC 08 choices :)