Recipe by dolphyn722
quick & easy, adaption from Secrets of Fat-Free Baking by Sandra Woodruff
Top Review by amccr131
This recipie is AMAZING. So chocolately, fudgy, with just the right hint of peanut butter. I didn't use crunchy peanut butter because I only had creamy, but these are so delicious. I also used applesauce instead of banana. They have the most delicious, moist texture. I cooked mine for 23 minutes and they are a little more dense than a brownie but so much more tasty in my opinion. I cut them into 32 squares and they ended up being 44 calories each! You cannot even tell this is a healthy treat....5 stars and definitely reccommended!!! Thank you so much!
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, plus
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup mashed banana (may substitute unsweetened applesauce)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats, peanut butter and banana, let sit for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake at 325° F for about 22 minutes, until the edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into squares and serve.