Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Susan Powter Food cookbook. Double the recipe and freeze for later.
- 2 medium size ripe bananas (to make 1 cup mashed)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas, leaving some chunks. Add egg whites and dates, and mix to make sure dates are separated and well coated.
- Mix in rolled oats and raisins. Set aside for 10 minutes. Wipe a cookie sheet with a little oil. Place teaspoonful of dough on cookie sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Cool and remove from pan. Store well covered in refrigerator or freezer.