Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very yummy oatmeal I made up this morning.:) Mmm...a great reminder that summer is on it's way when when it's chilly in the spring! This is more for people like me that need a lot of calories. However, you can easily reduce the calories by ommitting the coconut oil and using regular milk or water. Not that it's as yummy then.;) Time does not include soaking since that is optional.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Soak oats overnight in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. This will break them down and make them eaiser to digest. You can skip this step.
- In the morning, combine all the other ingredients in a pan and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.:) NOTE: If you want more protein, add a scoop of protein powder or dry milk.