Recipe by Slocan cook
A very crisp and chewy cookie with the goodness of flaxseed and oats mixed with chocolate chips. Whole grain flour adds to the fibre to make it a healthy choice for you to make for your snacks.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup brown flax seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with a thin coating of butter.
- In a large bowl place butter and allow it to warm up to room temperature.
- Cream sugars and butter together until well combined.
- Add egg and stir until the egg is totally incorporated into the dough mixture.
- In a small bowl put the dry ingredients together and add to the egg and sugar mixture and combine until it is no longer sticky and comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips and flaxseeds separately to the dough and mix until the dough is workable and ready to handle.
- Put small amounts 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet and put into the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cookies cool slightly and then remove them to a serving platter for them to cool.