Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have always enjoyed a hearty cookie that has a stout texture with more taste. I blended several recipes to come up with this. I have never left a party without one or more requests for this recipe. I am constantly trying new variations, but the original still stands as BEST! These cookies freeze well and of course they are great in a pinch defrosted in the microwave on half power.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (I use unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal (can use either quick or old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee pieces (Heath bits is the only kind we have here)
- 1 cup generous rough chopped pecans
- Mix first five ingredients well. Add flour and baking soda and blend well. Add oats and flax seed meal and mix until well blended. Mix in toffee chips and pecans.
- Drop with tablespoon on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Remove and cool on cookie rack.
I replaced flour with flax seed meal and pecans to almonds. Everybody loves it! So soft even after one week!