Recipe by Concert Lady
My grandmother made this for us when I was very young. Back to the basics. No fancy ingredients, and it turns out great. She got this recipe from her mother, my great grandmother and I got it from her. My great grandmother lived to be 102 & 1/2 years old. This was one of her favorite treats that she ate often. It also brings back good memories just to make this recipe. Four generations still enjoy this.
Top Review by sharonmarymiller
Just like my mom used to make and just like me my kids just love these! I do add extra cocoa as we like them really chocolatey. I also slipped in some ground flax seed and all bran buds cereal to add some extra fiber and the kids were none the wiser! Great and versitile recipie!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk (regular)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (plain)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pot mix margarine, sugar, cocoa and milk.
- Boil 1 minute (start timing when it starts to bubble).
- Remove from burner and add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Stir until thick.
- Drop by spoon onto a greased cookie sheet or wax paper.
- Let cool. Be ready to munch.