1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 18 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
old recipe from d kossman sally grosserode had this also she said it came from ethal check directions for the amount of flour .these rolls are AWESOME you must like the taste of molasses though i had to use more flour as i was making the rolls just so you know .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in large bowl dump oats and boiling water.
- 2let stand 30 minutes until lukewarm.
- 3add molasses and oil.
- 4beat with mixer 2 minutes.
- 5in another bowl proof yeast with lukewarm water and honey let stand 5 minutes.
- 6add yeast mixture and 1 cup flour to oatmeal mixture beat 2 minutes with mixer.
- 7let rest 5 minutes.
- 8stir in 1 1/2 cup flour.
- 9at this point you may need to add more flour if sticky.( i added 3 cups of flour both times ).
- 10this may happen if oatmeal didnt cool enough.
- 11turn dough onto floured board.
- 12using remaining.
- 131/2 cup flour knead for 10 minutes.
- 14place dough in greased bowl.
- 15let rise until more than 1/2 doubled.
- 16form dough into rolls and place on greased baking sheet.
- 17you may have to add more flour as you are making the rolls( i just needed to flour my hands when rolling dough was sticky ,and i add wheat gluten to my bread recipes).
- 18let rise until doubled.
- 19bake in 375 degree oven for 18 to 20minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g