Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These chewy treats make a substantial snack or hearty breakfast. I found this recipe in Home Cooking magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use Splenda for baking for the sugar. I also plan to use sugar free chocolate chips.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all natural-style peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9x9-inch baking pan with oil.
- Stir or beat together flour, oats, milk, butter, vanilla, sugar, peanut butter and water; fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
This was really a nice surprise - so easy and so tasty! I made half the recipe; it came out more like a cake than what I would call a bar but very moist and delicious. The peanut butter flavor is there but it doesn't overpower. Tasty breakfast or snack cake made with staple ingredients - thanks for sharing this recipe!