Recipe by phxphun1
I created this for my bread machine, which makes two 1-lb loaves simultaneously (recipe is per each loaf). This is a delicious but not too sweet yeast bread. Excellent served fresh or toasted, with butter or cream cheese. ENJOY!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except dates into bread machine pan in the order listed. (Two tbsps of packed dark brown sugar may be substituted for the sugar and molasses.).
- Start machine on "sweet" cycle.
- Add dates when machine's fruit/nut signal beeps. (If your machine has no fruit/nut signal, add dates about 20 minutes after starting machine.).
- Note: Dough may appear too moist, even wet as the baking cycle begins, but this is normal; bread should come out fine.