Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. You can make the cookies with only chocolate chips or only cherries with equally good results.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, use electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars (about 3-4 minutes on medium). Add the maple syrup and mix to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture in two batches. Mix until just combined. Add oats, chocolate and cherries and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using ice cream scoop or your hands, form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place each ball on cookie sheet, spacing dough 2 inches apart.
- Place one sheet on upper rack and one on lower. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets and switching racks halfway through.
Yummy! I used a small cookie scoop and baked for only 10 minutes, and I am glad I did ,, , these are very rich and yummy. I did add a bit more chocolate and cherries than the recipe called for simply because I was at the end of the bag for both and didn't want a little of this and that sitting in my pantry. I think its the maple syrup that really makes these go over the top.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. Very good cookies and I was able to successfully make them wheat free. These would be great on a Christmas cookie platter. Thanks Ariella for a great cookie recipe!