Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not a big fan of the oatmeal raisin cookie, but I love this cookie!!! Even if you like oatmeal raisin cookies this is a nice change!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Toss the oats, flour cinnamon, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together in a mixing bowl until light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Then slowly beat in the dry ingredients, then the currants and walnuts.
- Drop the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool.
These cookies are a bit too sweet. I may have packed the brown sugar a little harder than I should have.