Recipe by Outta Here
Baked, not fried. Serve with bbq sauce, honey mustard dressing or light ranch dressing for dipping. Change herb to your tastes. Oregano or dried basil work.
Top Review by I'mPat
I really liked the concept of using the oatmeal and the baking, I did give them a light spray with cooking oil before putting the into a 200C fan forced oven but to get them to the browned stage took 25 minutes and they were dry and a little tough so would not to flatten out the tenders so they are plump and hopefully will brown up without going dry. Thank you Mikekey made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #78 July 2013.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Place each chicken breast tender between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Coat both sides of tenders with cooking spray; dredge tenders in oat mixture.
- Place tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with dressings for dipping.