Recipe by Ridgely
This is a recipe for crisp crunchy oatmeal cookies- very good! I double this recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, shortening, egg and vanilla-beat well on medium speed.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Blend into the first mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Form dough into small balls (1 rounded teaspoon).
- Dip tops in additional sugar. Place about 1 1 /2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 oven for 10-12 minutes, until just golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet to rack for cooling. 3 1/2 dozen.