Especially good on apple or peach pies. My original recipe says it make enough for 2 8-inch pies but a lot of times I use the whole thing on one 10-inch.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the butter.
- Cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Spread crumbs over prepared fruit mixture of your favorite fruit pie.
- Do NOT add top crust.
- Bake as directed in your fruit pie recipe.
- If crumbs become too dark while baking, cover loosely with foil, but remove foil the last few minutes of bakings so the topping will crisp.
- Note: when using this topping there is no need to dot the fruit with butter, if your recipe calls for that.
Very good! I used this on top of my apple crisp. My family loves it. Thank you for the recipe.
Very good recipe I made an applesauce pie which is good but not real attractive. I used this to make it look better and it made it really, really good.
I topped your Blue ribbon Apple Pie with this (all of it!!)- what a great combination! Thanks for posting this- I can't wait to try it on other fruit pies.