1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Crumb Topping for Pies
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Especially good on apple or peach pies. My original recipe says it make enough for 2 8-inch pies but a lot of times I use the whole thing on one 10-inch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the butter.
- 2Cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- 3Spread crumbs over prepared fruit mixture of your favorite fruit pie.
- 4Do NOT add top crust.
- 5Bake as directed in your fruit pie recipe.
- 6If crumbs become too dark while baking, cover loosely with foil, but remove foil the last few minutes of bakings so the topping will crisp.
- 7Note: when using this topping there is no need to dot the fruit with butter, if your recipe calls for that.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Crumb Topping for Pies
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 71.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g