Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are very good with tea, coffee, etc. Great for a gift box too. Light and crispy.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth; mix in 2/3 cup rolled oats.
- Drop firmly packed teaspoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake until golden, rotating sheets halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheet 1 minute with a very thin metal spatula, transfer to paper towels to cool completely.
I just tried this recipe from another poster, exact same ingredients, very slightly different directions. BTW, you're missing the sugar in the instructions. The other recipe I tried instructed to mix the first five ingredients until smooth, then to add the oats, and to use aluminum foil lined cookie sheet. Doesn't mention cooling on paper towel in the other recipe, which I did anyway like your states and these do have a nice crispness to them. Time and temp are pretty much right on for my oven.