- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly cream shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add sifted flour, salt, soda, oats and nuts.
- Mix all well and drop by teaspoons full onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake@ 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- You may make these up into rolls and wrap with wax paper and store in fridge.
- Take out and cut 1/4" thick and cook.