Chef mariajane's Note:
A tasty recipe that is such a wonderful change to the usual breakfast - yummy!!! This recipe came from Smuckers -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
- 1 (400 g) container ricotta cheese, light
- 1/3 cup smuckers pure strawberry jam
- 2Combine all ingredients for crepes, except melted butter, in a blender. Process at high speed until smooth. Let batter stand for 10-15 minutes. Add melted butter and resume blending until smooth.
- 3Heat a crepe pan or 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Grease pan with melted butter. Pour in 2 tablespoons of the crepe batter, swirling the batter around the pan to coat the bottom. Cook crepe until golden brown. Flip crepe and cook until golden spots appear, about 15 seconds. Transfer crepe to parchment-lined ovenproof plate. Repeat with remaining batter, placing a sheet of paper towel between crepes. Cover tightly with foil, and keep warm in a 350F oven.
- 5Combine ricotta and jam in a small bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds; reserve.
- 7Combine jam, orange juice, in a large measuring cup. Microwave for 20 seconds to heat; stir well.
- 9Place crepes on work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of filling down center of each crepe, roll up. Repeat with remaining crepes. Place 2 crepes on each plate and drizzle with warm sauce. Top with strawberries and icing sugar, if desired.
- 11Make crepes 1 day ahead, wrap well and refrigerate or freeze and keep for up to 1 month. Thaw crepes in refrigerator. To reheat, cover with foil, and heat in 350F oven for 15 minutes. Then continue with recipe from filling directions.
- 12Use Smuckers Pure Jam in recipes to add real-fruit flavor and a touch of sweetness!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Crepes With Strawberries & Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (1439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g