- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried peaches, chopped (or any dried fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oatmeal and the buttermilk, stir and let soak.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Add chopped peaches to flour mixture to coat.
- Mix together cream cheese and egg, and add to oatmeal mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Pour in greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar before baking.
- Bake in 400° oven, 25-30 min.
- Makes 5 Texas-size muffins.